Are you more solo traveller or you you prefer travelling with a companion by your side? There is the list of advantages and disadvantages of travelling alone and with someone I find the most beneficial or, in some cases, frustrating:
– Personal growth- time for reflection, discovering your personality and needs
– Learning new skills (time management, decision making)
– Gaining independence and self-confidence
– More interactions with locals and foreigners
– Freedom- you decide and you make all decisions when it comes to choosing the accommodation, food and travel plan.
– No arguments and no need of compromises
– In come cases might be cheaper- if your travel companion likes comfort and the money is never a problem.
– Loneliness- you can be more homesick and suffer from cultural shock
– More dangerous- no one who can watch your bag or be with you in case of illness or another emergency situation
– Might be less fun- some locals might not get your jokes or have different attitude towards some stuff
– In some cases more expensive- you don’t share the expenses with your travel companion and pay for all
TRAVELLING WITH YOUR COMPANION
– Safe and more convenient- there is always someone to watch your stuff and make sure you won’t get hurt
– More fun- cracking jokes, having fun together
– Less expensive- you share expenses with your travel mate
– Less moments of loneliness and being homesick- your travel companion will cheer you up
– Arguments and endless compromises
– Being with one person all the time might be frustrating
Accidents and mishaps are often a part of travelling abroad, and so you shouldn’t forget to cover yourself and your belongings for any eventuality. Jump over to our budget travel insurance page and get clued up on who we use as our vital travel safety net.
And while we’re at it, we have a special, dedicated etramping page over at Agoda for booking hotels and hostels. Our readers get 10% off! Just follow the link, and enter the code AGODAETR10 (you need to enter this code before payment, case-sensitive). Honestly, we’re really too good to you!